Deadline: April 11, 2018
Dates: Friday August 3 to Sunday August 5, 2018.
Open to 50 students from Los Angeles County, this three-day institute is designed to develop leadership potential and increase knowledge of the region’s cultural and political landscape. Participants interact with education, business, political and community leaders and also have the opportunity to attend workshops on the college application process. Housing, meals and program materials are provided at no cost to the participants or their families.
- Civic Day: Students learn about the legislative process through active participation in mock hearings and interaction with city lawmakers and staff.
- College and Career Day: Students participate in workshops about financial aid, university requirements and admissions process.
- Currently enrolled sophomore or junior at a high school in California
- Resident of Los Angeles county
- Have not previously attended CLYLP Los Angeles Institute or Sacramento Leadership Conference as a participant
- Must be able to attend the entire, 3-day program
APPLY: Applications for the Summer 2018 are available now on the CLYLP website. Application requirements include background information, extracurricular activities, official high school transcript, two letters of recommendation and three essay questions. Essays written in Spanish are accepted.